Wednesday, January 13, 2010

$75,000

Life insurance. Very few things characterize boredom with as much paperwork and decision making as life insurance forms. In this process I did actually learn something very interesting. My occupation as a domestic CEO (homemaker) is worth $75,000 per year. That is more than twice what my annual teacher's salary was! This got me thinking. Do I really earn my $75k per year? I guess I do, right? What if I had an annual performance review? Would I get a promotion? So I've made a decision, I will henceforth approach my position as CEO of Olson House, Inc with as much fervor, creativity and planning as I did my classroom. After all, my former students benefited greatly from my planning, shouldn't my husband and child receive and expect the same? More to come...

3 comments:

  1. I think you need to look into competitive salaries. I really think you are underpaid at 75k.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You could not pay me to do what I do. Seriously. I would do it for love, but there isn't enough money in the world.

    Glad you have a blog. I subscribed!

    ReplyDelete