Thursday, February 9, 2012

525,600 Minutes

After reading the title to this post, some of you are singing! For those of you who are singing, let me ask you this, "How do you measure a year in the life?" Here's how I measure in year in my life:

In becoming a family of 4.
In experiencing childbirth with my husband once again and realizing that as long as I have his hand to hold, his encouraging words and his emotional and spiritual support I don't need anything else- not even an epidural. We're a great team.
In realizing that finding my 3 year old and 5 month old sound asleep in my baby's crib isn't a problem, it is wonderful.
In truly enjoying the 3am feeding and even prolonging the feeding with cuddle time because I know this season will pass far too quickly and he won't be a baby for much longer.
In letting go. Isn't allowing the big brother to "take care" of his baby brother more important than the baby's socks matching his outfit?
In enjoying this moment and not looking too much to the next one.
In learning how much my "big boy" truly cares about people.
In hearing my son recite scripture after scripture with great joy and start to ask deep spiritual questions.
In knowing that God did give me true sisters; not a biological ones, but  sisters who share my very heart.
In God showing me that He is always at work- ALWAYS. (And, He doesn't need my help.)

What a wonderful year this has been. Thankful doesn't adequately describe my heart. He is truly the giver of all good and perfect things.

"Taste and see that the Lord is good!" Psalm 34:8

1 comment: